OutlineOur aim is research and development concerning the resources related to plants, microorganisms etc., the development of bases for genome information etc. and metabolome analysis approaches, among others. We prepare gene resources related to the enhancement of the production, growth and environmental tolerance of cellulose in Brachypodium, a species of plant expected to serve as the model for studies on the increased production of cellulose biomass. In addition, we perform metagenomics and genomics with the use of single cells in symbiotic microorganisms of termites and other subjects.
- Development of the resource of mutants and full-length cDNA of Brachypodium distachyon, a model soft biomass plants
- Exploration and use of genes involved in plant biomass productivity and stress tolerance using a reverse genetic approach
- Consolidation of integrated-meta databases to biomass production and yield
- Identification of important and useful genes to contribute to efficient woody-biomass degradation based on meta-genomics and single-cell genomics analyses complex bacterial community especially in the termite intestine
- Consolidation and analysis of metabolic profiling related to biomass production and metabolism