- D.Agr., University of Tokyo
- Research Scientist, Antibiotics Laboratory, RIKEN
- Chief Scientist, Antibiotics Laboratory, RIKEN
- Director, Chemical Biology Department, RIKEN
- Laboratory Director, Chemical Biology Core Facility, RIKEN
- Director, RIKEN-Max Planck Joint Research Center, RIKEN (-current)
- Team Leader, Bioprobe Application Team, RIKEN
- Team Head, RIKEN-KRIBB Joint Research Team, RIKEN
- Team Head, RIKEN-USM Joint Research Team, RIKEN
- Deputy Director, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science
- Group Director, Chemical Biology Research Group, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Unit Leader, Chemical Resource Development Research Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Division Director, Technology Platform Division, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science
- Unit Leader, Chemical Bank Unit for Drug Discovery Platform, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science
- Unit Leader, Drug Discovery Chemical Bank Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
To promote “Chemical Biological Research” that aims to elucidate biological phenomena using chemical compounds as starting materials, chemical libraries.
Our group constructs chemical libraries through the genetic engineering of microorganisms and organic synthesis, and databases that describe the chemical and biological information of the libraries.
We explore the useful bioactive compounds in the chemical library and identify the molecular targets of bioactive compounds, and elucidate the mechanisms behind the actions of the active compounds as well.
We continue to maintain the infrastructure for advanced studies of chemical biology and sustainable resource science.
- Construction of a chemical bank, “Natural Products Depository (NPDepo)”
- Expansion of the chemical library using genetic engineering and synthetic chemistry
- Exploration of bioactive compounds in the chemical library through high throughput screening systems
- Analyses of small molecule-protein interaction and development of the new analytical methods