- Ph.D., Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- New Lead Research Laboratories, Sankyo, Co. Ltd.
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, USA
- Principal Scientist, Chemistry, PTC Therapeutics Inc., USA
- Senior Research Scientist, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science
- Platform Unit Leader, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies
- Unit Leader, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
As a part of the drug discovery efforts at RIKEN, our group’s research is focused on 1) small molecule drug discovery, 2) targeted protein degradation, and 3) chemistry-related general support for the drug discovery efforts of our collaborators at various academic and governmental research institutions in Japan. We specialize on programs with novel therapeutic targets or mode of action, and strive to quickly develop structure-activity relationships on HTS hits in a wide range of therapeutic areas including rare diseases, neglected tropical diseases, and intractable cancers. While identification of a preclinical candidate is the ideal outcome, validation of novel therapeutic targets is also an important part of our efforts.
- Small molecule drug discovery and targeted protein degradation