- Ph.D., Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- New Lead Research Laboratories, Sankyo, Co. Ltd.
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Research Laboratories, USA
- Principal Scientist, Chemistry, PTC Therapeutics Inc., USA
- Senior Research Scientist, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Molecular Imaging Science
- Platform Unit Leader, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies
- Unit Leader, Drug Discovery Chemistry Platform Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
The main focus of our unit is to identify small molecule drug candidates suitable for animal safety studies and subsequent human clinical trials. Our dedicated scientists conduct lead compound generation, and multi-dimensional lead compound optimization on potency to target receptor/enzyme, PKPD profiles, and off-target activities through SAR development. By capitalizing on RIKEN's available expertise in X-ray crystal structure analysis, in-silico modeling studies, and HTS, we strive to expedite the drug discovery process by rational drug design. Our current therapeutic targets include rare genetic diseases and hard-to-treat cancers.
- Small molecule drug discovery through medicinal chemistry