- Ph.D., of Engineering, University of Agriculture and Technology
- Research Scientist, Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Research Associate, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center
- Research Scientist, RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center
- Unit Leader, Advanced NMR Metabomics Research Unit, RIKEN Plant Science Center
- Visiting Associate Professor, Graduate School of Bioagriculture Sciences, Nagoya University
- Visiting Associate Professor, International Graduate School of Integrated Science, Yokohama City University
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Bioagriculture Sciences, Nagoya University (-current)
- Team Leader, Advanced NMR Metabomics Research Team, RIKEN Plant Science Center
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of life and nano System Sciences, Yokohama City University
- Visiting Professor, Graduate School of Medical Life Science, Yokohama City University (-current)
- Team Leader, Environmental Metabolic Analysis Research Team, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
Our team intends for development of novel environmental analysis such as bird-eye viewing of metabolism caused by ecosystem biodiversity, based on technical advancements of our NMR approaches toward metabolite and biomass mixtures, as well as inorganic elements and microbial ecosystem analyses combined with bioinformatics and chemoinformatics approach. Namely, we promote both international and industrial collaboration in order to contribute for effective utilization of chemical resources, by analyzing laboratory systems, industrial (agriculture, forestry, fishery) process, and natural environment (hydro- and landsphere, as well as outer space).
- Technological advancement of various spectrometric measurements for complex biomolecular mixtures and microbiota
- Methodology development of data mining and accumulation of data bases for environmental measurements
- Sustainable utilization of land- and aquatic biomass based on studies of natural environmental purification system
- Technology development of evaluation of environmental metabolic system, such as recovery of ecosystem of an earthquake-stricken district
- Symbiotic metabonomic analysis between animal (mammals, fishes and insects) and symbiotic microbiota in relation to their food nutrients
- Schematic illustration of concept on our environmental metabolic analysis
- Advancement of –omics technologies make possible to analyze organic metabolites, mineral mixture complexity. Since natural environment is composed by resource circulation based on food-web under biodiversity, microbial complexity is also important analytical target. We intend for analytical “bird-eye” viewing of homeostasis and material recycling in superorganism and ecosystems, then it may contribute to establish new environmental symbiotic concept based on rules of nature.
- Major publications in relation to sample systems
- Our team intends for development of novel environmental analysis such as bird-eye viewing of metabolism caused by ecosystem biodiversity. Namely, we promote both international and industrial collaboration in order to contribute for effective utilization of chemical resources, by analyzing various samples from hydro- and landsphere, as well as outer space. Environmental metabolic analysis is multidisciplinary field such as geochemistry, environmental science, biochemistry, microbiology, analytical chemistry, informatics, nutrition science and polymer science. Therefore, published papers were widely distributed from general journals such as Nature and PNAS, as well as various specific jounrlas.