- D.Agr., University of Tokyo
- Research Scientist, Antibiotics Laboratory, RIKEN
- Chief Scientist, Antibiotics Laboratory, RIKEN
- Director, Chemical Biology Department, RIKEN
- Laboratory Director, Chemical Biology Core Facility, RIKEN
- Director, RIKEN-Max Planck Joint Research Center, RIKEN (-current)
- Team Leader, Bioprobe Application Team, RIKEN
- Team Head, RIKEN-KRIBB Joint Research Team, RIKEN
- Team Head, RIKEN-USM Joint Research Team, RIKEN
- Deputy Director, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Group Director, Chemical Biology Research Group, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Unit Leader, Chemical Resource Development Research Unit, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Division Director, Technology Platform Division, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
- Unit Leader, Chemical Bank Unit for Drug Discovery Platform, RIKEN Center for Sustainable Resource Science (-current)
This division consists of 4 units.
1) We develop new methods and technologies for structural determination of organic compounds by NMR and mass spectrometry analyses together with organic synthesis. We provide diverse research support activity and collaborate with many research groups on molecular characterization.
2) We develop characterization methods of biomolecules such as protein and nucleic acid including post-translational and post-transcriptional modifications. By applying the methods, we have elucidated the molecular mechanism of biological phenomena.
3) We develop and execute the analyses based on mass spectrometry for the study of plant metabolome and hormonome and on microscopy for the ultrastructural observation of the plant cells.
4) We promote research supports in chemical biology and resource science by provision of chemical compounds, their information and structure-activity relationship analysis, moreover enrich the chemical library.